Here's a fun little "mommy" post for you, with Mother's Day right around the corner :) There are so many things that I expected motherhood to be, and while it's exceeded my expectations in more ways than one ... there are definitely ups and downs. Today, I'm sharing a few ways to explain what "mom life" really means...plus below you can find some last minute gift ideas for the mama's in your life! The shirts are adorable, and the mugs ... come on, every mama needs a mug :) Enjoy loves!
1. Emotional. SO MANY EMOTIONS and feelings! Ha! I cried yesterday because London will be two in just a few months. I can't handle how fast the time goes by...and it makes my heart hurt. I want to bottle this age up and keep her here forever! It's also emotional because HELLO toddler :) She's discovering her independence and finding her voice which is exciting, but also an overwhelming time for her...trying to deal with all of the feelings that come with that!
2. Rollercoaster. One second we're singing Disney songs together and the next she's rolling around on the ground because she decided she actually DOESN'T want me to sing with her. We're happy and we're sad. We're happy then we're mad. I mean....there really is NO consistency. Nowadays its difficult to determine what could set her off. Thankfully, these tantrum moments are just that ... moments. She is easily distracted (for now), however, I'm not sure how long the distraction technique will work. I know we've got a super determined and strong-willed little girl, which I love, it just makes it a little bit daunting to think about the "threenager" year that I hear so much about! Eeek!
3. Melt downs. Still learning how to manage these as they come, but "mom life" nowadays definitely includes them! I absolutely LOVE being a stay at home mom...and being here for every moment (good or bad), but that doesn't mean it's not mentally exhausting or difficult. By the end of the day I try to reflect on how I can deal with certain situations better and it's a work in progress. Finding patience and understanding when my sweet baby is rolling on the floor screaming for no reason is definitely something I'm trying to improve on :)
4. Laughter. No matter how many melt downs or tough moments we have in a day, we are never short on laughs. She is a little rascal who will do anything to garner a laugh from me :) I love watching her personality come out - she's a little spitfire!
5. JOY. There's literally NO ONE else I would rather hang out with than Lolo (and her daddy of course). She is so much fun to explore and learn with...and even though she has her moments, the laughter + love that she brings to my life is more than I could even imagine. She's articulate, curious, sassy, strong and gosh, she's funny. She's given life a deeper purpose, and I'm so happy I get to be her mom.