Make a list.
I'm a lady that needs a list because it keeps me on task and organized; not to mention, it keeps me from forgetting any of the "essentials." A few days before any trip, I make sure I do two things: 1. Check the weather forecast and lay out London's outfits on her floor ready to be packed and, 2. Make a list of all the things I need the remember like her video monitors, sound spa, toothbrush, inhaler, pack n' play, etc. (We use the 4Moms pack n'play and it takes under 5 seconds to open and close! So clutch!)
Here's what you'll find in London's duffle...
1. Clothes/Shoes already separated into outfits
2. Pajamas with overnight diapers (plus a few extra in case of emergencies)
3. Sound Machine (This is a must! We love this one which is just $20)
4. Music/Lullaby (Another must! It's the same lullaby we have played at bedtime every night since Lo was a newborn)
5. London's "blankie" ... she sleeps with it every night!
6. Other Necessities: children's Ibuprofen/Tylenol (just in case), baby thermometer, body wash/lotion, diaper cream, regular diapers, wipes, toothpaste and toothbrush.
Here's what you'll find in her backpack...
1. A few of her favorite books
2. Snacks/water (The Olive Kids backpack has a little side holder for the water bottle/sippy cup!)
3. Some favorite "stuffies" and other small toys
4. Diaper, travel wipes, an extra onesie and pair of socks
I think the more you travel, the less intimidating it becomes! You kind of get into the habit of packing the same things, the same way -and it totally helps when your kids have their own bags so you know where everything is! London loves to experience new places, and I never wanted the overwhelming feeling of traveling or packing to take away from any memories we could be making! I hope this little guide gives you new ideas or insights into how to make it easier :)
Have a great day and thank you for stopping by!