Maybe you've made it through another stressful work week or if you're a SAHM mom like me, maybe your celebrating the fact that you didn't get in your car and drive away at any point! Either way, it's Friday, we made it, and we should be rewarded, right?! Taking care of yourself mentally is just as important as your physical upkeep, so today we're talking about ways to pamper yourself!
1. Blow Out + Style: To me, nothing is more relaxing than having my hair washed, blown out and styled. I love to just relax and read a magazine / check out from the world, while I'm being pampered. It will only take about an hour out of your day, but it's a small thing that can transform your week ... look good, feel good, am I right?!
Cheaper option: Buy yourself a fabulous leave-in hair treatment, take a long shower and carve out time to style your hair afterwards. You will feel nourished and chances are you'll feel like a total rockstar!
2. Hit the coffee shop: Steal away to your local coffee shop and cozy up in the corner with a new book! Some alone time to enjoy your coffee and relax is a great way to start out the week and feel like you're doing something special for yourself.
Cheaper option: Since hitting the coffee shop is pretty cheap - one way you can do this at home is to carve out time to spend on your couch in comfy pjs just relaxing with a warm cup of joe! Read a book or magazine ... but just make sure to take that time for yourself and hit the reset button!
3. Book yourself a massage - I just did this yesterday and let me tell you, it was pure perfection! I did NOT want to get up from that warm massage table. My gym has a spa (shout out to Libby, who was my therapist) so I dropped Lo off at the Kids Club and headed for a massage and even snuck in a shower afterwards. I felt like a new woman! I don't do this often enough - but I'm going to start scheduling once a month! (For more information about Healthworks, click here)
Cheaper option: Plan a "DIY Home Spa Day!" Book a babysitter or if you don't have kids - just set aside some time to treat yourself! Take a bubble bath, buy a nice scrub for your skin and a body butter to put on after! You can even apply a face mask while your soaking as well!
4. Plan a stay-cation: Chris and I love to explore Boston, so it's fun for us to sneak away to a little boutique hotel for the evening! Even though it's right in our backyard, sometimes the change of scenery is all we need to feel recharged!
Cheaper option: If the budget's tight and a hotel stay is just not in the cards, draw yourself a bubble bath, pour a glass of wine and shut off all electronics. Spend the evening having complete "me" time. Unplugging from the world for a bit may give you that extra boost!
5. Book yourself a mani/pedi: I'm talking those DELUXE mani/pedi's ... the ones where they give you a scrub massage AND a lotion massage! You deserve it! Shut your eyes and take a snooze while your feet are soaking in warm sudsy water ... or read a magazine. A few hours of pampering those hands and feet will do you some good!
Cheaper option: Buy a nice quality polish, a nail buffer, and a file - you're good to go! I always feel like I've got my stuff together when my nails are done ... like I'm tricking the world or something :) This is a great way to make yourself feel better on the cheap!
What are some ways that you pamper yourself throughout the week?!